Obtaining a “green card”— indicating lawful permanent
residency in the U.S.--is the primary goal for many of our clients.
If that is your goal too, contact Brent & Powell today to learn how we can help.
Having lawful permanent residency enables you to live and work in the U.S. indefinitely.
But changing laws and interpretations make obtaining permanent residency increasingly complicated. We’re
here to help.
We can assist you in obtaining
permanent residence through the categories (listed below) in the main types of permanent visas tracks:
1. Employment-based immigrant visas are available
with extraordinary ability in business, arts or sciences
* Managers and Executives of multi-national
* Outstanding professors or researchers
* Immigrants with advanced
degrees and performing work in the national interest
* Immigrants with job offers and a bachelor’s
degree (or higher), or work experience
* Religious workers and ministers
* Immigrant investors with substantial funds invested in the U.S.
PERM process: Some employment-based applications require you to obtain labor
certification through a process called Program Review Electronic Management (PERM). This is a procedure by which the U.S.
Department of Labor certifies there is a lack of qualified U.S. workers in your job category. Once the labor shortage is certified
you can then apply for your immigrant visa or adjustment of status. We are experienced in satisfying PERM’s complex
2. Family-based immigrant
visas are available for:
* Immediate relative of U.S. citizens, such as parent, child or
* Adult child, married or unmarried, of a U.S. citizen
* Spouse or
unmarried child of a lawful permanent resident
* Brother or sister of a U.S. citizen
* U.S. citizen adopting a child abroad
and Other Waivers
If you are
subject to the J-1 two-year foreign residency requirement, or otherwise need a waiver of inadmissibility, we know how to present
your case strongly and effectively. To learn more, Contact Us.