About Brent & Powell
Practicing U.S. immigration law since 1983, and with firm roots going back to 1988, we are based in Western Central New York but we represent clients from all over the world.
Stephen M. Brent
- Twice chairperson of the Upstate New York chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Practiced immigration law since 1983
- Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and Monroe County Bar Association
- B.A. -- Brooklyn College
- J.D. -- The University of Detroit Law School
- Awarded American Bar Association Certificate of Merit "in recognition of a distinguished contribution to public understanding of the American system of law and justice;" and Monroe County Bar Association Volunteer Legal Services Project award as a person "whose example challenges us to make 'equal justice under the law' a reality"
- Frequently lectures and publishes on immigration law
Tracy A. Powell
- Over 25 years of litigation experience in personal injury, criminal and family law
- Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, with immigration law experience dating to 2003
- B.A. - University of Florida
- J.D. - Western New England College - School of Law
- Having lived for several years in Panama and Bolivia, she also speaks Spanish
American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
AILA Member attorneys represent tens of thousands of U.S. families who have applied for permanent residence for their spouses, children, and other close relatives to lawfully enter and reside in the United States.
Monroe County, New York, Bar Association
Dedicated to achieving legal excellence in the community, the MCBA is at the forefront of groundbreaking programs while maintaining the group’s high ethical standards. Founded in 1893, the organization currently has over 2,200 members.